Hi – I’m Skylar Hinrichs, a 30-year-old from Nebraska. Prepare for a quick story.
At the age of 28, I was in a constant state of minor depression – I just didn’t have that zest for life that others around me did.
On top of that, my doctor told me I must lose 30 pounds and improve my overall health.
I took this prognosis very seriously and changed my habits, one by one, to put myself in a better position in terms of both my mental and physical health.
In other words, by strategically adding healthy habits and subtracting unhealthy habits from my routine, I started to…
But Becoming Better isn’t an instant switch that’s flipped or a goal that’s attainable within a year or two.
Becoming Better is a lifelong process.
I created BecomeBetter.co to show exactly what habits I have put into place and how each one specifically has helped me to overcome depression and other ailments, lose weight, and begin seriously enjoying everything life has to offer.
Here are some of the things I put into practice to improve my life, that I’ll be sharing with you on this site:
- – Meditation
- – Somewhat structured diet regimen (one of them being the ketogenic diet)
- – Regular, enjoyable exercise (how to actually enjoy it)
- – Apple Cider Vinegar benefits and why I use it multiple times per day
- – Vitamin deficiencies in the body and how to overcome them
- – Overall nutrition
- – Minimizing alcohol consumption
- – Regularly read books that interest you
- – Budget your money, eliminate financial stress
- – What I get out of reading Stoic philosophy excerpts daily
- – Wim Hof breathing method
- – Benefits of a structured routine
I know that there are millions of people in the U.S. who have some sort of depression, could stand to lose some weight, or have just found themselves in a bit of a lull where life isn’t as exciting as it once was.
Each of these habits brings something different to the table, but I’ve found that the more of these healthy tricks I do, the better I feel. That alone is worth passing along to you!
That said, you should start reading about these tactics to make life more pleasing! I suggest starting at the Blog page and finding what looks most intriguing to you.
In the comments section of each of my posts, I really hope that you’ll take the time to comment and tell me the following things:
- – Have you tried this method before? If so, what were your results and is it now part of your routine?
- – If you haven’t tried the method, what additional questions do you have about it? My goal is to provide you sufficient information on each of these topics so that you can make an educated decision whether or not to try it yourself.
- – What is your main struggle right now?
If you haven’t yet, be sure to Like the Become Better Facebook page so you’re the first to know when I write about a new topic.
Looking forward to Becoming Better together!
To your success,